The SEO website audit is meant to be completed on live or production sites. The technical portion assesses the accessibility for search engines to ensure that search engines can reach and decipher the content of the site.
Any problem areas or issues are documented along with a plan to correct the issue.
Website Technical Audit Includes:
- Check pages that are indexed in Google, note titles and meta descriptions.
- Analyze site performance through Google Webmaster Tools
- Note all 404 errors and provide 301 redirects
- Analyze site speed with GTmetrix and other tools and provide recommendations to improve page performance/speed.
- Confirm that XML sitemaps exist and are correct and submitted to webmaster tools.
- Examine the crawl rate for any issues
- Verify correct tagging
- Confirm Google Analytics & Google Webmaster Tools are setup
- Check social media tagging and other links
- Verify crawl ability through crawling tools, set no-index to unnecessary pages
- Provide recommendations on how to improve all performance issues found on site
- Include best practices for all recommendations